Felicis Aestas! (Happy Summer!)
So glad it’s summer! As my school-year teaching comes to a close, I’m excited to get going on some LivelyLatin projects. Here’s what’s on tap for me:
1. I’m finishing all derivative and history lessons and well as the audio files and games for the last part of BigBook2. All will be done and posted by July 1. This has been a long haul, given my pickiness and desire to create a really useful and helpful product.
2. BB2 CDs will be produced in July and I’ll be figuring out how to manage the hardcopy. The book will be about 700 pages long so I need to figure a format that will not make it prohibitively expensive nor unwieldy to use. Suggestions are welcome.
3. In late July I plan to make video recordings of me teaching the mini lessons of BB1. I’ve had many requests for this and as hesitant as I am to actually see myself teaching, I think it will benefit many and move the cause of learning Latin.
4. Yes, I will make some tests for BB1. I’ve also had many requests for this and though I’m not a big on formal tests for Latin (email me and I’ll send you an explanation of why), I put together 4-6 for those who want to use them.
5. I will add more games and materials to the “Fun Stuff” section above. Note that I recently added picture flashcards for all the vocabulary in BB1. You can use these to play memory and other games. I’ll add instructions for how I use them in my classes after July 1.
As always, if you would like to contact me, please feel free to use my email, email@example.com.